To visit Canada, it is necessary to always have the appropriate travel documentation and your identification as well as that of any child travelling with you.

It is the responsibility of the transportation companies, including the airlines, to ensure that you have all the valid and appropriate travel documentation you need. If not, you may be delayed or unauthorized to board the aircraft.

The following travel documents are not considered reliable and cannot be used to enter Canada:

  • Passports that are supposed to be issued by Somalia,
  • Passports issued by the Czech Republic which are not machine-readable,
  • Temporary passports issued by the Republic of South Africa and passports
  • Issued by Venezuela.

How long am I welcome to Canada as a tourist?

The Border Services officer at the Canadian Point of Entry (BDP) will determine how long you are allowed to stay in the country. Most visitors are welcome for a period of six months from their date of entry, however, if the agent authorizes only a shorter period, the date on which you must leave Canada will be indicated in your passport.

If you want to stay longer than the authorized period, you must apply for an extension in no less than 30 days before the date you are required to leave. “

What is an electronic Travel authorization (ETA)?

ETA is a new entry requirement for foreign nationals with visa-exempt status who plan to travel to Canada by air. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, depending on the first event to occur.

Do I need an eTA or a visa to travel to Canada?

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may not need a visa, however you will probably need an ETA (Electronic travel Authorization).

Transportation companies such as airlines are responsible for ensuring that you have all the valid and appropriate travel documentation to enter Canada. If you do not have these documents, including an ETA or a tourist visa, you may be delayed or unauthorized to embark.

Visitors from the following countries do not need a visa to visit Canada (but will need an ETA):

  • The citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holy See (holders of a passport or travel document issued by the Holy See), of Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (holders of an Israeli national passport), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania (holders of a biometric passport/electronic passport issued by Lithuania), Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Holland, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland ( Holders of a biometric passport/electronic passport issued by Poland), Portugal, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan (the Holders of an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Taiwanese which includes their personal identification number.
  • British citizens and British Overseas citizens – a British citizen or a British overseas citizen who is allowed to return to the UK.
  • Citizens of the British Overseas Territory – a British citizen of the overseas territory whose citizenship is acquired by birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British Overseas Territories Anguilla, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands.
  • British Nationals (Overseas) – the holder of a British national (overseas) passport issued by the United Kingdom to persons born, naturalized or declared in Hong Kong.
  • British nationals – the holder of a British national passport issued by the United Kingdom which contains the observation that the holder has the right to remain in the United Kingdom.
  • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region – the holder of a valid and Subsisting Special Administrative Region passport issued by the People’s Republic of China.
  • U.S. citizens and permanent residents – an American citizen or a person legally admitted to the United States for a permanent residence who is in possession of his or her certificate of registration in the Aliens Register (green card) or may provide Another proof of permanent residency.

How do I apply for an ETA?

Demand is a simple online process that takes only a few minutes. You will need your passport, a credit card (Visa or Mastercard) and an email address. A credit card because there is a cost to deal with ETA’s application, which will be valid for up to five years from the date of issue.

The request form for an ETA is/will be available on this page.

is a visa always required if I simply go through Canada without stopping?

If you are a citizen of a country that does not have an exempt visa status for Canada, then you will need a transit visa to cross Canada without stopping or visiting. This is required even if your transit will last less than 48 hours, however, there is no charge for a forwarding visa. Complete the application for a tourist visa (temporary residence visa) and select a forwarding visa in the list of options in the form.

If you have an exempt visa status and now require an ETA to visit Canada, then you will also need an ETA to cross Canada.

You may not need a forwarding visa or ETA if you are travelling from or to the United States. If some foreign nationals meet specific requirements, then the non-transit visa program (HSV) and the China Transit Program (TPC) allow them to cross Canada to and from the United States without a transit visa. Canadian.

The following countries require an eTA to enter Canada

  • Andorra
  • Antigua & Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • British citizens
  • Citizens of the British Territories Overseas
  • Brunei
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech republic
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Solomon Islands
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Swiss
  • Permanent Resident of the United States

We provide a comprehensive service that includes


Custom step-by-step support for preparing your eTA application in full compliance.


Email notifications and updates of all regulatory changes.


Application prepared by a professional agent.


24-hour assistance in case of emergency.

Appointment possible

In the event that your eTA request is declined, we can schedule an appointment at the nearest Canadian visa processing center.

Online help

Access to online help through our fast and easy service.