How to check AVE status? If you ignore your status, you must check it to make sure your AVE is valid before your trip to Canada. Before you leave, you will need to get an ave if you are travelling by air and are from a country eligible for the Ave. This article tells you how to check the status of your AVE application for Canada and presents the different results possible at the end of the application.
What is an AVE?
An AVE, or electronic travel authorization, works more or less in the same way as a visa for Canada. It allows you to enter and leave Canada as a tourist. However, unlike visas, it is not physical. The AVE is electronically linked to your passport number. The AVE application is online. In some rare cases, the procedure may take several months; However, most AVE requests are met and approved in the same day. If your application is not automatically approved, you can check your online status at any time.
Am I eligible for an AVE?
Not everyone is eligible for an AVE. If you are a national of a visa-exempt country, you are eligible for an AVE. Legitimate residents of the United States are also eligible for an AVE. If you are a national of the United States, you do not need an AVE or a visa to enter Canada. If you are a national of a non-exempt country from the visa requirement in Canada, you cannot apply for an AVE and must apply for a visa. If you do not know which document to request, you can consult here the list of eligible nationalities.
How do I check the status of my AVE?
If you have already submitted a request, or are holding an ave, you can easily check the status of your ave online. You will then be redirected to a page where you need to enter your information to view your status. First, you must indicate whether you want to check the status of an application or the validity of an AVE already granted. You must also enter your Passport number, the country and the date of issue of it and its expiration date. Once this information is entered, you will know what the status of your AVE is. Five statutes may be applied to an AVE following the verification of the validity of the application:
- No Ave found: This message may mean that in attempting to verify the status of your ave, you entered the wrong information, such as the application number, the passport number, or the dates of issuance or expiration of the passport. Otherwise, it will mean that you have not actually submitted an application. If you have just submitted a request, that the result of the query is “no AVE found” and that you are certain that the information entered on the Status check form is correct, this means that the system is still The first steps in processing your application. Wait a few hours and check your status again with the system.
- AVE Request received: This status corresponds to requests received by the Canadian Immigration Services system, but which have not yet been processed. The application will be processed within a period of several minutes to a few weeks.
- Manual Review of Ave application: If your AVE application has initiated a manual review, you will certainly be informed by this status, and will need to provide additional parts to support your Ave application, such as scanned copies of your Passport, Your criminal record (in case of a criminal record), or any other document that immigration staff wishes to verify before reaching a decision regarding your application.
- Ave denied: If the processing of your AVE application has resulted in a refusal, you will not be able to travel to Canada using an Ave. However, you may be eligible for a tourist visa to visit Canada.
- Ave Approved: The Ave are valid for five years or until the passport expires, if it has expired. An approved AVE does not guarantee entry to Canadian soil, the final decision being given by the border authorities dependent on the immigration service.
The following countries require an eTA to enter Canada
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
We provide a comprehensive service that includes
Custom step-by-step support for preparing your eTA application in full compliance.
Email notifications and updates of all regulatory changes.
Application prepared by a professional agent.
24-hour assistance in case of emergency.
In the event that your eTA request is declined, we can schedule an appointment at the nearest Canadian visa processing center.
Access to online help through our fast and easy service.